- Title: Clinic
- Pre-Requisites: Anatomy, Physiology, Therapeutic massage, Polarity therapy massage
- Total Hours: 40
- Register online, or call 831-476-2115 for more information.
The student will be able to greet a client, give a 50-minute massage, complete SOAP notes and learn to adjust their techniques to cater to individual client needs by the end of this course. This includes but is not limited to:
- How to set up and prepare a massage room for a client
- Greeting a client and accompanying them to the massage room
- Using SOAP notes with a client
- How to give client instructions for getting on the table
- Accompanying a client from the massage room to the reception area
- Ending the session with a client
- Preparing for the next client
*Clinic is a required class for state certification.
Student Clinic promotes learning in a professional atmosphere that prepares students for future employment employment. Student Clinic Practice provides students the opportunity to experience the client/practitioner relationship and create individualized client sessions in a clinical setting.