- Title: Pelvic Girdle
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Total Hours: 20
- Register online, or call 831-476-2115 for more information.
- Palpation techniques of deep structures and connective tissues
- Mobility exercises; ‘What is connection?’, ‘What are the relationships between the bones, muscles and fascial structures of the pelvic girdle?’
- Anatomy of key structures within the pelvic girdle
- Ability to differentiate between functional and dysfunctional movement
- Learn how to work with various injuries to the pelvic girdle
- Learn observational skills, ‘What is alignment?’
- Gain the confidence to understand the fascial system in relation to the pelvic girdle.
- Develop a plan of care for clients
*Pelvic Girdle is a required class for state certification.
In this course, students develop a hands-on approach to working with the pelvic girdle. We will explore various movement patterns with a thorough and in-depth approach which will give confidence in understanding what is happening under the skin of your clients and how to approach the stories that their bodies tell. In this class, we will learn palpation skills and discover principles to enable you to create your own dynamic approach to the ever changing body of your clients. With a strong focus on anatomy and the organization of connective tissue, this class will enable a stronger direction in how to approach the needs of your clients in relation to the movement and stability of the pelvic girdle. We will explore the relationship between the structures of the pelvic girdle and develop hands on, deep tissue techniques to support a healthier, pain-free state.