Become a California Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)
500 Hours to a New Career
We recommend starting with our 250 Hour Therapeutic Massage Foundation Class which includes:
• Swedish Massage
• Rocking Sequences
• Deep Tissue Massage
• Polarity Therapy
• Contra Indications
• Business Practices
• Counseling Skills
Finish off your 500 hour certification by choosing from the following
Chi Nei Tsang
Chinese Medical Theory
* Contra Indications
Medical Qi Gong
Orthopedic Evaluation and Release of Hip and Shoulder
* Required for certification
1) Enroll in our 500 hour therapeutic massage therapist program.
2) Enroll in our 250 hour therapeutic massage therapist program and then take individual classes to accrue 250 additional hours needed for certification.
3) Enroll in individual classes to accrue the 500 hours needed for certification.
Call for more information and to register 831-476-2115
250 hour therapeutic massage program:
250 hour level I towards California state 500-hour certification
Bodywork: demonstration, practice and theory:
- Swedish massage: 46 hours
- Swedish practicum: 26 hours
- Polarity massage: 46 hours
- Polarity practicum: 26 hours
Anatomy: structure and function of the body:
- Anatomy: 90 hours
- Business practices: 6 hours
- Counseling skills: 12 hours
- Anatomy and physiology
- Oil work – Integral massage (Swedish and Rocking strokes)
- Non – oil work – Acupressure, Polarity therapy and Reflexology
- Counseling skills for body workers
- Professional business practices
Call to register for next class or for more information, 831-476-2115.
Classes are held at the Cypress Health Institute
1119 Pacific Ave, Suite 300, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Tuition is $3800.00.
Payment by installment plans are available with no finance charges.
Class size is limited.