Sound Healing levels I, II
Classes by Randy Masters, Ph.D:
Introduction to the Science of Sound and Sound Healing Theories
Parts 1 and 2
This class focuses on the science of sound and sound healing theories with practical application of the techniques. The class covers the basic theories of sound and acoustics, and also various aspects of music and the scientific theories of sound that are used as a basis for sound healing applications. Live and recorded examples of sound and music are examined together with their underlying effects.
Part 1 topics:
1. The overtone and undertone series of natural sounds found in nature.
2. Tuning systems for therapeutic purposes based on acoustic overtones and undertones.
3 Principles of acoustic resonance, sympathetic resonance, beat tomes, difference tones and summation tones.
4. Musically opposite tones – reciprocals and inverses.
5. Tri-tone pairs for tonal balancing.
6. Pulsation and rhythmic principles.
7. Natures Fibonacci number series and the body’s Golden Mean proportions.
8. Musical intervals and their psychological/emotional meanings and associations.
9. Micro-tonal musical scales and frequency windows.
10. Color conversions from light to sound.
11. Frequencies for balancing brain waves.
12. The octaves of audible sound – application of specific musical octaves.
13. Cymatics – the science of sound influencing matter.
1st Semester Part 2
This class specifically uses Tuning Forks for application and practice of sound healing. Tuning Forks are used on and around the physical body for energetic Bio Field Balancing and clearing of energy flow blockages. Both the physical body and the supra physical bodies are addressed and specific Tuning Fork protocols are demonstrated, taught and practiced, to foster competency with practitioners. Complete protocols are taught for addressing Chakra energy vortices, for balancing, clearing and empowerment based on ancient and contemporary understandings. Tuning Forks are used as finely tuned resonant instruments for stress reduction and proactive subtle energy advancement.
Part 2 topics:
1. The components of Tuning Forks, different types of forks and
their uses for sound healing application.
2. Use of Tuning Forks to clear the subtle energy fields*
3. Direct body applications of Tuning Forks to clear energy blocks
and to stimulate the natural life-force.
4. Blue light healing techniques to stimulate cells inner light
force combined with Tuning Forks.
5. The basic color systems and their sound equivalents (light
converted to sound).
6 Acupuncture point protocols using Tuning Forks (supplemental
text: Sound Healing with Ohm Tuning Fork by Marjorie de Muynck)
7. Basic Chakra system balancing with Tuning Forks.
8. Organ and gland systems associations with sound.
9. Five-element Theory applied to Tuning Forks (supplemental text:
The Tao of sound by Fabian Maman)
10. Essential oil used to enhance sound for deeper energy clearing.
11. Clearing a therapy room with Tuning Forks.
12. Clearing crystals with Tuning Forks.
13. Breathing techniques and visualizations that enhance sound healing
14. Custom selected techniques for class participants (supplemental
text: Human Tuning – Sound Healing using Tuning Forks by John Bealieu
15. Use of a 13-tone just tuned chromatic scale (Tool required to
Course topics include:
- Students will review and learn the anatomical structures of the body and how to locate landmarks of the body for sound healing treatments.
- Learn range of motion evaluations including
- Global range of motion
- regional range of motion
- individual anatomical structures
- normal versus abnormal-hyper and abnormal-hypo responses.
- Palpation skill and sensitivity development.
- Learn dynamic palpation and the difference between static and motion palpation.
- Learn to evaluate common indicators of dysfunction.
- Treatment protocols include:
- Discovering root frequencies
- Addressing joint dysfunctions
- Soft tissue techniques for muscles, tendons, ligaments, sprains and strains
- Dynamic integration of the physical, mental, emotional and energetic bodies through vibrational instruments.
It is recommended that the student be versed in some form of bodywork and have had basic knowledge and training in anatomy.
The following modules are available for further advanced study:
Theory and application of Sound, Color and Geometry, Parts 1 and 2
Taught by Randy Masters, Ph.D