- Title: Anatomy II
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Total Hours: 107
- Cost: TBA (Payment plans available)
- Register online, or call 831-476-2115 for more information.
- Understand basic anatomical language
- SWBAT identify bony landmarks on body, origin and insertions of muscles and connective tissue.
- Recognize and understand connective tissue structures and aponeuroses.
- Recognize and understand fascia and it\’s role in muscle structure, body structure and massage.
- Perform supervised palpation of musculoskeletal structures.
- Identifying, locating and describing actions of individual muscles.
- Identifying, locating and describing actions of muscle groups including agonists and antagonists.
- Understand muscles of the integumentary system.
- Palpation techniques for the integumentary system.
- Recognize and palpate the structure and muscles of the respiratory system.
- Understand the nervous system pathways in the body and palpation techniques for release of nerve pain in massage.
- Knowledge of the lymphatic system and understanding of the role of muscles and massage in the flow of lymphatic fluids in the body.
*Anatomy is a required class for state certification.
This course is catered towards bodyworkers of all types who want to further their knowledge of the body. We will have fun exploring the various muscles and anatomical landmarks using palpation and other methods to further develop your understanding of the amazing human body. This basic anatomy course is a unique hands=on approach to the neuro-muscular-skeletal system as well as its supportive and integrative systems. Students learn to feel, visualize and understand the body\’s interrelationships, in an integrated way and will be able to approach massage with a working knowledge of the structure of the body.